Wednesday, July 29, 2009

After happily ever after

So, right~ Due to the fact that Christie Wong had been spending a lot and her wallet is currently bleeding profusely, she has finally decided to share this morale-ful story she heard few months back.

Without doubt, I am very sure all of us are pretty familiar, or should I say, mastered the story called 'Cinderella'. Well, if you were to pretend you had forgotten how the story ended, let me refresh your memory in one sentence. Cinderella and prince charming, obviously, got married and live happily ever after. But what were the charming pair facing AFTER happily-ever-after was untold. Puzzled at why I begin this post with 'Cinderella'? Thinking that I may be off topic from my opening post? Wait till you read the story which I am about to post right after this paragraph.

--oo00oo-- The story begins --oo00oo--

Cinderella and prince charming lived a happy married life. Living in a wonderful gold plated mansion with 10 Porsches, and more to come, countless number of butlers and maids and having her father-in-law, whom they nicknamed him 'the King', the president of this big shot company, which will not be stated here due to privacy purposes. Cinderella is dearly loved and respected by many for having known to be the best wife and daughter-in-law any family would love to have. Being treated like an absolute princess and never needed to lift a pinky to do anymore house chores, Cinderella's life sounded absolutely like what any girl would love to have.

Because Cinderella did not get the chance to shop a lot during her unmarried life previously, she can definitely do that now. However, little did people in her neighbourhood know, Cinderella was slowly turning shopaholic. She started spending excessively from purchasing expensive branded goods to flying overseas just to have dinner or lunch or breakfast whenever she liked. She did not stop spending, which got prince charming worried about her condition.

The King soon found out that they are at the verge of having a financial crisis, so he disowned prince charming and Cinderella until Cinderella is willing to snap out of her awful, awful hobby. Now, prince charming had to find a job all by himself but having being the pampered son of the King, there were not many jobs which were suitable for him ('cuz he was stupid and had ZERO skills). So anyway, he got back to his low-cost rented home one night..

Prince: Sigh~ Honey~ I'm home already lo. Boss fired me. My first day of work some more lo.
Cindy: What? Again, ar? Why you so stupid one! Aiyo! Nevermind! Go eat your dinner.
Prince: Sigh~
Cindy: Ouh, by the way, hor. Nah! Letters for you.

*Prince charming opened huge stack of 'letters'*

Prince: WAHLAU! Why so many bills one! What are all these? HA? YOU STUPID WOMAN! You spend again!
Cindy: What? Where got! I buy only things I really need lo ok!
Prince: You need bust enhancer for what? No one will look at you anymore lo ok, you stupid woman!
Cindy: *Pissed*
Prince: Wahlau! You think we don't have enough bills now izit? You SIAO ZAR BO! You think I can pay ar? I don't have a steady job with good pay lo ok! And you lazy pig don't want to work!
Cindy: Fine lo! I will go look for work tomorrow lo! I will find a job with good pay and you will shut up!

*And they both went to bed angry that night*

But unfortunately for Cinderella, because of her tainted reputation, she can no longer find a decent job. So she ended up washing dishes behind the Kopitiam's kitchen. Prince charming started working and juggled a job in the day and one at night. Life became harder for the both of the legendary super power couple.

*One day, Cinderella had a flashback*

Cindy: (In deep thoughts) If that time I didn't spend so much, so uncontrolably, ah-pa (the King) won't kick us out lo. Why did I spend so much that time leh? Hai~ How stupid I was that time. If I listen to ah-bi (Prince charming) and don't spend on unncessary things, we will probably still get to live in a decent average home and ah-bi will probably get a decent job, lo. Hai~

*The couple got home together one night*

Cindy: Bi~ I'm sorry. I was stupid lo before. *Cries*. Bi, lets go back to ah-pa and ask for forgiveness. I learned my lesson already lo Bi. Sobs. Poor you. Sniff. Look at your head. It is already balding lo. And it is all my fault. Sob.
Prince: *Smiles* It is ok la Bi (short for Baby). Nevermind. Lets go ask ah-pa in the morning, k?

*They cuddled each other to bed and for once, they got to bed angryless*

King: UUUUIIIIHHHHHHHH???? What are you two doing here?
Cindy: Ah pa~ I am sorry. I will not repeat what I did before. Please let us back here with you, can? Sobs. I promise if I spend on unnecessary stuff again I will kick myself out. I learned my lesson already, ah-pa. Please forgive me.
King: *Easily touched* Sniff. Sobs. Come in. Sob. Ouh I miss you two so much lo. Sob.
Cindy: Sobs. I will tell this lesson to the child when she is out from my tummy. Sobs.
King: *Surprised* HA? You pregnant ar? HAHAHAHAHAHA! *hugged Cinderella* Ah boy! You worked hard ha! *winked at prince charming*.

--oo00oo-- The end --oo00oo--

That is the end of the story. Now you will see how it linked to my opening post. I heard of this story months back. Now I am going to share it because I am sure Cinderella wants all of us to know the lesson she learned. And from August onwards, Christie will fast from spending and shopping and buying unnecessary stuff for one month. Hey~ one month is torture enough ok when mega sales are not even over yet! Sigh~

*CHRISTIE WILL BE FASTING FROM SHOPPING FOR ONE MONTH*